Friday, May 2, 2008

A Day to Pray

The question is still “if.”

The Lord said, “If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray…” (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Last evening at Cornerstone we held our annual National Day of Prayer service. It was powerfully anointed of the Holy Spirit. Several of our leaders led us in a time of calling upon God. Jerry McCreery led us in prayer for our Military men and women – especially those serving in Iraq. Richard Welling led us in prayer for businesses and Christians in business. My father, W.D. Smith, led us in prayer for the church in America and my wife, Karlene, led a powerful and anointed prayer over our families. We prayed for the nation and for one another.

I am a believer that prayer does change things. I am a believer that prayer moves the hand that moves the world. I am a believer that nothing happens without prayer. I am a believer that God still hears and answers prayer. I am a believer that the fervent prayer of God-fearing people accomplishes much. I am a believer that God heard the cries of His children across America yesterday. I am a believer that those prayers will be answered.

I am a believer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a believer!! God loves to hear our prayers, loves to listen to us when we speak to Him. I believe with all my heart that He answers every one of our prayers with a yes or a no. Good word! -Karlene